One thing that I have found to be an important part of the wedding prep time is using the right make-up that will truly outlast your wedding day. No bride wants a tear-streaked face or shiny forehead in her wedding video or photos. And the hassle of constantly needing to re-applying makeup adds an unnecessary risk to your gorgeous white wedding dress.
There are plenty of options out there that do a fantastic job, but I want to feature one product today: The Jane Iredale makeup line.
Despite the fact that it was the first original mineral based makeup founded in 1994, I have only recently enjoyed the benefits of it myself in the last year. I have extremely fair skin and without saying that I am a makeup snob, I do understand and value the importance of taking care of the largest organ of your body – your skin.
Now I could go into all of the nitty-gritty scientific details, but I will spare you what may be a poor job at paraphrasing and allow you to read up on that yourself.What I do want to share with you are the top reasons why this is now the only makeup that will touch my skin:
- It is the only “medical” makeup that exists. Some fast facts: you can actually buy this at Keiser Permanente. Recommended by Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists around the world. It’s the first thing that is put on your face if you undergo laser resurfacing or chemical peels because of it’s health benefits.
- Non-allergenic & Non-comedogenic. It won’t make you sneeze or breakout and it doesn’t block your pores so your skin can breath.
- It has concentrated pigment. It feels like silk on the skin and simply this: A little bit goes a long way – a very long way!
- It never goes bad. That 2 month only rule? Throw it out the door! Bacteria can’t survive in Jane Iredale’s mineral foundations and powders so while it seems you are spending a lot on a little ($42), when that little bit lasts you for 4-6+ months you’ll be singing a different tune!
- It is waterproof. You can sweat or glisten, cry your eyes out but your face won’t melt with you – the only way it’s budging is if you wipe it off yourself. (just lightly dab if you need to and you’ll be fine!)
- Has an SPF of 20. Most makeups only have an SPF of 6-15. Jane Iredale’s makeup kicks it up a notch for the needed extra protection.
- It doesn’t just cover irritated & inflamed skin, it cures it. The makeup is an anti-inflammatory as well – I gave it my first test when I got my eyebrows waxed. My esthetician put some of the Amazing Base loose foundation just where she had waxed (my skin was bright red and inflamed). I was skeptical because didn’t notice much of a difference when she first put it on, but 5 minutes down the road and my face was back to normal. Awesome!
So this was the makeup I used for my wedding and was so pleased that it has become part of my lifestyle, and with benefits so great that I can’t help but sharing it with my husband, and family, and friends, and sales associates, and to-be brides, and of course you. But I don’t want you to take just my word for it…here are a couple of links for more information:
Happy Wedding Planning!